What you can eat:
According to the DASH diet, to form a proper diet you should mind your goals: whether you want to lose weight or to become healthier. If you want to lose some weight, your menu should contain fewer calories. In other words, you need to reduce the servings.
Your daily diet may contain the following products:
- Cereals: no less than 7 servings per day (one serving = a slice of bread, 1/2 cup of cooked pasta, 1/2 cup of porridge.)
- Fruit: not more than 5 servings per day (one serving = 1 fruit, 1/4 cup of dried fruit, 1/2 cup of juice.)
- Vegetables: 5 servings per day (one serving = 1/2 cup of boiled vegetables.)
- Non-fat dairy products: 2-3 servings per day (one serving = 50 g (1.80 oz) of cheese or 0.15 liters (5 fl oz) of milk.)
- Seeds, beans, nuts: 5 servings a week (one serving = 40 g (1.40 oz.)
- Animal and vegetable fats: 3 servings per day (one serving = 1 tsp of olive or linseed oil.)
- Sweet dishes: no more than 5 times a week (one tsp of honey or jam.)
- Fluids: 2 liters (67 fl oz) per day (water, green tea, juice.)
- Protein: 0.2 kg (7 oz) of lean meat or fish, eggs.
What to avoid:
Of course, we have to avoid all of the typical “unhealthy” products.
You can eliminate harmful products step-by-step and finally, the urge to eat forbidden foods will disappear.